Sunday, January 20, 2013

DIY: Magnetic Make-Up Board

So...If you are like me I have tons and tons of make-up, but typically forget about them since they are either piled in drawers or make-ups bags. On Pinterest one day I discovered a way to get rid of all the clutter and actually organize my make-up. I call it a Magnetic Make-Up Organizer...clever right? Anyways, I love crafting, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Here is the final product!! 

So of course I am not going to leave you hanging, so I'll give you step by step instructions on how to create your very own!

Instructions:

1. Find a frame that will hold the amount of make-up you are wanting to display
(I found mine at my local Goodwill for $1)

2. Go to your local hardware store and buy the color spray paint you want your frame to be, spray adhesive, magnets, and a thin sheet of metal which they will be able to cut to fit your frame.

3. Pick out the pattern you want for your background. I personally am a lover of animal print, so I used a cheetah print fabric I found relatively inexpensive at my local fabric store. 

4. Once you have all of your materials, sand your frame down if needed, then spray paint it and let it dry.

5. While your frame is drying, use the spray adhesive. Cover the metal and then stretch the material you picked out across it. Cut it to make it fit, but leave some extra on the sides so you can fold it behind the frame to create clean lines.

6. While both of those are drying, using a hot glue gun (which is what I used) or whatever type of glue you prefer attach the magnets to the back of the make-up you want to hang up. 



7. By now both the frame and the metal should be dry. Place the metal into the frame. Use the hooks on the back of the frame to set the metal into place. You might have to put a piece of cardboard behind there as well if they is too much empty space. 

8. Once that is complete you are ready to load your board down with all of your fabulous beauty necessities.

Feel free to comment with any questions! 

1 comment:

  1. There are many ways to go about organizing your kitchen accessory. Different methods make more sense depending on your space and what you’re storing. No matter which method you choose, these magnetic organizer definitely helps you to reduce the space usage and clutter.
    Thank you for posting. This will be great for our family!

    ReplyDelete